Defender Error Code: 0x80073afc problem
” When I try to do a Quick scan it will not scan and I get error code 0x8007139f I have tried it for a couple of days and still will not scan”
“ When trying to start defender I get error code 8007139f and it won’t let me update definitions or anything for that matter please help”
“My Windows Defender has suddenly stopped working and when I try to turn it back on it comes up with error code: 0x080073b01. When I click the flag icon for solving PC issues it says there are two messages both which display the same code. Could you please let me know what to do to get my laptop protected. thank you”
If you have encountered the above problems, it means your computer has been attacked by Windows Defender Error Code: 0x80073afc problem, which means your computer is infected by malicious viruses like Trojan or your antivirus software is conflict with your Window Defender. In this case, if you want to get rid of it, you should remove the existing virus or choose another Window Defender.
Guides to fix Defender Error Code: 0x80073afc problem
Warm tips: The following will show you two ways to remove it, including manual way and automatic way. To manually fix Windows Defender Error Codes, it’s to end processes, unregister.dll files, search and uninstall all other files and registry entries. Follow the removal guides below to start.
The manual steps may involve in some complicated steps, so we suggest you to adopt the automatic way with a system repair (like RegCure) that is compatible with all Window Defender.
Method 1. Manual steps to fix Defender Error Code: 0x80073afc problem
Step 1. Start your computer with Safe Mode Networking and end related process
Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then using arrow key to select “Safe Mode with Networking” from the list and press ENTER to get into that mode.
End up the running processes of Defender Error Code: 0x80073afc problem in Windows Task Manager.
Press Ctrl+sShift+Esc or Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open Windows Task Manager, find malicious processes and click End Process.
Step 2. Show all hidden files
Press the Star button and type” Folder Options”, then Click Folder Options; Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and then clear the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
Seek and delete Defender Error Code: 0x80073afc problem related files in hidden folders listed below:
Step 3. Delete the related registries
- Call out “Run” box by pressing “Windows” key + “R” key on your keyboard;
- Type “Regedit” into the Run box and click OK to open Registry Editor
Delete them all:
Method 2. Automatic steps to fix Defender Error Code: 0x80073afc problem
Step 1. Download SpyHunter to remove all malicious programs or virus
If the error code occurring on your system is caused by viruses or other threats, it is important to remove the threats first. Here, we recommend SpyHunter. Please notice that SpyHunter can not fix Windows Defender Error Code directly on this issue. However, SpyHunter has the ability to detect and remove rootkits, which are used to stealth install rogue anti-spyware programs and other trojans.
1. Click the following icon to download SpyHunter.
2. Double click on its file and then click the Run button to enter the installation procedure.
4. When complete the installation, open SpyHunter and click Scan Computer Now! button to start scan your computer.
5. Then check the scan result and click on Fix Threats button to make your computer clean rapidly.
Step 2. Download RegCure Pro to end all malicious registries and optimize your computer
RegCure Pro is packed with the tools you need to boost your PC’s speed and performance. Featuring an intuitive interface and easy-to-use work flow, RegCure Pro scans common problem areas – and quickly and safely fixes them.
1. Download RegCure Pro by Clicking on the icon below
2. Double-click on the RegCure Pro program to open it, and then follow the instructions to install it.
3. When complete the installation, open the application and choose which part you want to scan, and then click the button Click to Start Scan.
4. When the System Scan is done, click Fix All button to correct all the security risks and potential causes of your computer slow performance.
Any Windows Defender error code will make your computer more vulnerable to other computer infections. Thus, you are strongly recommended to adopt effective way to get rid of the issue immediately before further damages.