Has PUM.Optional.ProxyHijacker been detected by your security tool? Can it be removed by your security tool? Do you have other idea on how to break away from it? Follow this message and your troubles will be resolved.
Details of PUM.Optional.ProxyHijacker
PUM.Optional.ProxyHijacker, as a potentially unwanted modification, is caused by malware. Thus, when you are haunted by it, your computer is infected by malware or potentially unwanted program. In this time, you should calm down and keep awake, and then find an effective and appropriate solution to break away from all threats. However, before this, you had better to acquire its overall information including the possible harms and issues triggered by it.
- It is able to steal into your computer without your approval.
- It is in a position to change your proxy settings and browser settings, or even tamper your default search engine.
- It may create malicious cookies to consume system CPU and then make your system mess up.
- It may collect your personal information and searching habits for further profits.
- It is possible to invite or bundle with additional infections such as virus, malware, or adware, etc.
The longer it stays in your computer the more issues it triggers. Consequently, you should make no bones to its removal, and then take steps to prevent it from your computer, for instance, stay away from spam emails and intrusive websites, as well as be cautious when downloading freeware, shareware, or other third-party software, and so on.
Methods to Remove PUM.Optional.ProxyHijacker from PC
Method 1. Manually remove PUM.Optional.ProxyHijacker
Step 1: Stop the process from Task Manager.
“Ctrl+ Shift + Esc” to open Task Manager > Processes > find PUM.Optional.ProxyHijacker and select End process.
Step 2: Remove suspicious programs from Control Panel.
From Windows 7
Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Programs > select PUM.Optional.ProxyHijacker and remove it.
From Windows 8:
on Start screen > right-click the app tile > tap or click Uninstall.
Step 3: Remove suspicious extensions from browsers.
From Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. Disable the items which are related to the program.
3. Reset Internet Explorer
From Mozilla Firefox
1. Go to Firefox’s Tools, and then select Add-ons
2. Navigate to Add-ons panel, and remove those extensions which are associated with PUM.Optional.ProxyHijacker.
1. Click the Menu icon of Chrome and select Settings.
2. Click Extensions on the left panel and remove the extensions related to PUM.Optional.ProxyHijacker.
3. Reset Google Chrome
Note: If you cannot remove this malware completely via following the manual guides and video or you want to detect other threats such as adware, or malware, you can take consideration to install SpyHunter here to help you.
SpyHunter is a real-time anti-malware program and automatic removal tool, which is able to do a lot of things for you.
- Detect and remove the latest malware attacks, such as worms, rootkits, etc.
- Protect your PC from varieties of infections and threats all the time.
- Allow you to restore backed up objects.
Step 1: Download SpyHunter by click below.
Step 2: Select “Run” and permit to download the installer. After downloading the installer, double-click the installer and start installing SpyHunter.
Step 3: Choose “Malware Scan” and give your PC a comprehensive check.
Step 4: Choose “Fix Threats”.
Optimize your computer with RegCure Pro
1: Click below to download RegCure Pro immediately.
2: After downloading RegCure Pro, click “Run” to install it according to the instructions and finish the installation.
3: Click “System Scan” to start the scanning process.
4: After the RegCure Pro done scanning all the files, click “Fix All” to complete the whole scan pro.
Do not hesitate, let’s download SpyHunter to protect your computer
and download RegCure Pro to clean up your computer<<