My computer has been infected with a virus called Conhost.exe. I have Kaspersky anti virus but it has been unable to remove it. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to eliminate this tricky trojan? Is there a program I could use? Please help me!
Detail information about Conhost.exe
Conhost.exe is an extremely dangerous Trojan virus that aims at hacking users’ computer system. It is promoted via spam emails, pornographic websites and various freeware programs. Once infected, your computer will become very slow and sluggish.
If your computer actually attacked by Conhost.exe, your computer files and some system settings may be modified or damaged. Your desktop background or icons may be changed and some errors may frequently pop up. In addition, the system performance may become poor for the Trojan may drop and install other malware on the compromised PC. What’s worse, it may allow a remote user or hacker to bypass the normal access controls of a computer and gain unauthorized control over it. Once your computer is connected to the Internet, the person who sent the Trojan can run programs on the infected computer, access personal files, and modify and upload files. Then your personal information including the online banking data may be stolen.
Conhost.exe is an evil Trojan
- Its maker would counterfeit spam sites with luring content and put Conhost.exe vicious code on awaiting for access.
- Conhost.exe would attack vulnerable computer with some out-of-date installed applications.
- Conhost.exe would capture promotional tools like browser hijacker and relentless pop-up ads.
Need help to remove Conhost.exe?
If your own antivirus program doesn’t work and you really don’t know how to fix this problem, you can try to use SpyHunter, a reputable security tool.
Step by step guides to remove Conhost.exe
Guide1 . Remove Conhost.exe manually ( a little complicated )
Guide2 . Remove Conhost.exe automatically (easy and safe)
Guide 1. Remove Conhost.exe manually
Step 1. Boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking and end related process
Restart your PC and keep pressing F8 key before Windows launches. When you get to the interface, please select “Safe Mode with Networking” and then press “Enter” on your keyboard.
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously to quickly get to the interface. In the Processes section, seek for all ongoing related or suspicious programs and right click all the harmful processes to end them.
Step 2. Uninstall Conhost.exe from your PC
1. Access Window’s Start Menu and select “Control Panel”.
2. Select “Programs and Features”.
3. Search for the potentially unwanted program and uninstall it by clicking the “Uninstall” button.
1. Click “Start”, choose “Settings” and click “Control Panel”.
2. Locate and click “Add or Remove Programs”.
3. Search for the potentially unwanted program and uninstall it by clicking the “Remove” button.
Windows 8 :
1.Click Start Menu first and then click Search.
2. Select Apps and then click Control Panel.
3. Then the Uninstall box will come to you. You just need to find related programs and uninstall them.
1. Click “Finder”, in the opened screen and select “Applications”.
2. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located in your Dock), then right click the Trash icon and select “Empty Trash”.
3. In the uninstall programs window, look for “Conhost.exe” and uninstall it by clicking “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Step 3. Show hidden files and delete it
Press the Star button and type” Folder Options”, then Click Folder Options; Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and then clear the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
Seek and delete Conhost.exe related files in hidden folders listed below:
Step 4. Delete related registries
Click Start menu and type regedit in Search Programs and files box, then hit Enter to get Registry Editor Window.
Then delete the below files:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
Guide 2. Remove Conhost.exe automatically with SpyHunter
Step 1. Download SpyHunter to have a full scan
1) Click the below button to download the file.
2) Double click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the program.
3) After the installation, click EXIT
4) Open SpyHunter and click Scan Computer Now! to allow the program to start a scan on your computer.
5) SpyHunter will now start scanning your computer as shown below.
6) When the scan is completed, all the threats in your computer are successfully detected. Click Fix Threats button to uninstall it.
Step 2. Download RegCure Pro to optimize your computer
RegCure Pro is an effective system optimizer that can speed up your computer, remove malware and virus, defrag memory and clean up your computer. One should form a good habit to clean up computer regularly.
1) Click the below button to download the file.
2) Run the RegCureProSetup Application and click the Yes button to install the program step by step.
3) When the program is successfully installed, double click on its desktop shortcut to open it. On the Overview tab, check all the scan settings and then click on the Click to Start Scan button to run a system scan on your computer.
The screenshot of the system scan progress is shown below.
4) When the system scan is done, click on Fix All button to completely remove all the performance problems in your computer.