Some people say that their browsers have been hijacked by Babylon Search/Toolbar and they find there is no computer virus on their PC. They also try to reinstall computer system or use another browser but it doesn’t work at all. When they type a random website in URL bar, it always turns to Babylon Search Toolbar website.
It is a must to say that Babylon Search Toolbar is a browser hijacker which is specialized in redirecting your Google, Firefox to its own sites. When it is on your computer, something changes are listed in the following:
- Your browser will have the Babylon translation toolbar or other add-ons.
- Your home page and search engine are changed into search.babylon.com.
- Your computer’s speed becomes sluggish.
To continue, you may think that just resetting your browsers can solve all these problems. Maybe you’re wrong, because Babylon Search Toolbar has drops rootkit to your computer system and it can generate browser parameters.
The Intrusive Methods of Babylon Search/Toolbar
It is likely because you install Babylon translation software like Babylon 9, Babylon Mac, Language Learning, Live Translation, White Label Apps, Babylon Enterprise, Babylon Electronic Dictionary, Writing Solutions, English for Kids, Babylon Mobile. These programs carry the browser toolbar. Alternatively, you may download some other applications which are bundled Babylon search toolbar. Such applications are generally shared on CNET’s download.com.
How to Remove Babylon Search/Toolbar?
Remove Babylon Search/Toolbar programs
For Window 8 Users
- Click Start on lower left corner.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Babylon Search Toolbar programs from the list and then click uninstall.
For Window 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP Users.
- Click start on the lower left corner.
- Click Control Panel.
- When the window pup ups, look though all and find Programs and Features. Click it.
- Find programs about Babylon Search Toolbar. Right click on it and choose uninstall.
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer and click on Tool button. Then click Internet option.
2. In the widow of Internet option, select Advanced tab and then click Reset.
3. Continue to click Reset when there appears a window of reset Internet Explorerer.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and click on Menu button on the upper right corner of web page. Click Help Menu button.
2. Choose Troubleshooting Information in the list of help menu.
3. There is a page which displays a button of Refresh Firefox and click on it.
4. Then choose Refresh Firefox in the pup-up.
Reset Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click on Menu button on the upper right corner of web page. Click Settings.
2. In the page of settings, click a sentence of “Show advanced settings”. The folded information will be shown.
3. Smooth your mouse down. Click Reset Settings in the bottom of the page.
4. Please click on Reset button as you go for it.
Note: Before removing Babylon Search Toolbar manually, please remember to back up your data.
Use Tools to Remove WizzCaster
This method helps remove Babylon Search Toolbar or other browser hijacker permanently. Due to the complicated conditions of infected computer, the browser settings and some system files may lose. Use automatic software can scan deep into your computer system and provide easy operations for removing virus.
The SpyHunter, the real-time protection software, can detect dubious processes or potentially unwanted programs and then prevent them from invading your computer.
Download and Install SpyHunter
1. Click the link below to download SpyHunter.
2. Click Run when there appears a pop-up to ask “Do you want to run this file?”
3. When the file.exe is done, double click SpyHunter icon. In the interface of SpyHunter click the Scan Computer Now!
4. The results of scanning come out. You will see the WizzCaster words in the threats list. Now, don’t hesitate to click Fix Threats before ticking Select All.
Note: the scan of SpyHunter for virus is free. If you want to remove the threats, you need to purchase SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
The RegCure Pro, a professional optimizer tool, is developed by ParetoLogic, which has attained Gold Certified status in the Microsoft Partner Network. With its cleaning function, the registry, website settings, unwanted shortcuts etc brought by Babylon Search Toolbar can be tidied up.
Download and Install RegCure Pro
1. Click the link below to download RegCure.
2. Click Save File when there appears a pop-up to ask “Do you want to save this file?”
3. Run the file.exe by clicking the Run button. If the Windows asks you whether to allow or not, please choose allow.
4. When the installation is finished, there will be a RegCure shortcut in the desktop. Double click the shortcut icon to open RegCure, which will automatically turn to the interface of System Scan and start to scan.
5. When the scanning is finished, you will see all the threats which are distributed on your computer are shown. Click Fix All to solve all issues in your computer.Note: The scan of RegCure for issues is free. If you want to fix these issues, you need to purchase RegCure Pro Registry Cleaner by registering.
It is worthwhile to download SpyHunter and RegCure Pro, which help you drive away the annoying advertisement.