Search.bakinu.com is an annoying browser hijacker detected recently by many security tools like MalwareBytes, SpyHunter and so on. This hijacker is developed by Linkury which is also known to have created malicious stuff like Snap.Do, Sidecubes and SafeFinder hijackers. Undoubtedly, once the Search.bakinu.com threat is traced, a complete removal is the only choice under the consideration of your system security.
What do you want to know about Search.bakinu.com hijacker then? What is it? How does this hijacker get the chance to get into your system? What are the symptoms once infected with Search.bakinu.com? And most importantly, how to get rid of Search.bakinu.com hijacker once and for all? Surely, this article will walk you through all these questions and help you deal with Search.bakinu.com in an easier way. Let’s go ahead.
What is Search.bakinu.com?
As mentioned at the beginning, developed by Linkury, Search.bakinu.com is a highly unreliable search engine being able to modify various web browsers, whether it is Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or some others. Once installed on the infected computer, it replaces homepage and search provider, and causes chaos to the system and make system security fall into a dangerous situation. Search.bakinu.com is nothing more than a scam with the sole functionality of generating revenue for their publishers. You will also find a browser extension named Bakinu Search on Chrome web store related to its own website bakinu.com, which actually, it is used to help the browser hijacker go further with its malicious activities, so as to earn money from advertising. Accordingly, Bakinu Search promotes links of 3rd party advertising websites and injects ads into authentic websites.
How does Search.bakinu.com get distributed?
Search.bakinu.com does not require any approval to enter your computer, while actually it can make you install it yourself without even realizing it. Generally, Search.bakinu.com enters your PC bundled with other freeware, since it provides possibly the easiest entry point for it. Therefore, when you install new software on your virtual machine, it is recommended that you read all the terms and conditions provided by the setup wizard. This will more or less help you avoid some security-related issues.
How does Search.bakinu.com impact your system?
The invasion of Search.bakinu.com brings great impact on browser’s performance. The intrusion of this hijacker and the installation of Bakinu Search browser extension will bring abundance of pop-up ads constantly whenever you open your web browsers. This can significantly interrupt your usage of browsers. Moreover, unwanted programs or spyware may be downloaded by unconsciously clicking on those ads, so that the system risk can be upgraded. By exploiting cookies and keyloggers, the add-on is able to track your browsing and sells this data to 3rd parties. Hence, the system and data undoubtedly will be lost or utilized without authorization in malicious ways.
Search.bakinu.com Should be Deleted with Effective Methods
If you want to completely remove Search.bakinu.com and bring your computer back to normal, you can refer to the effective guide in the following passage.
Want to remove Search.bakinu.com and the associated infections quickly and safely?
>>>>Please use the updated SpyHunter Anti-Malware SoftWare.
Guide1. Recommended Video to Remove Search.bakinu.com
Guide 2: Manually Remove Search.bakinu.com
Step 1. Uninstall unwanted programs and adware from Control Panel.
1. Click Start button and then click Control Panel
2. Locate Uninstall a program from the jump-out window and go to the list of programs you have.
3. Highlight the program you want to remove, and then Uninstall or right click the program to select Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Search.bakinu.com from Internet browsers.
1. Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons
2. Disable the items which are related to Search.bakinu.com
3. Back to IE Tools, and navigate to Internet Options. On the General tab, replace the suspected URL under Browser home page and click ‘Delete…’ to delete Browsing History (Be careful with this part, or you will clear away the login details).
1. Go to Firefox’s Tools, and then select Add-ons
2. Look through the items under Extensions and Plugins, and remove those associated with Search.bakinu.com
3. Back to Firefox Menu, and navigate to Options. On the General tab, replace the suspected URL under Browser home page. On the Privacy tab, clear browsing history and remove cookies (Be careful with this part, or you will clear away the login details).
1. Click the Chrome Menu (three-bar icon on the top-right window) and select Settings
2. Click Extensions on the left panel and remove the extensions related to Search.bakinu.com
3. Go to History, and then click Clear Browsing data (Be careful with this part, or you will clear away the login details).
4. Go to Settings and click ‘Manage search engine….’ . Delete the suspected items and make Google as default.
Step 3: Show Folder Options
Click Start on the bottom left, input “folder options” in the search bar and hit enter. On the jump-out window,click View tab, tick Show hidden files, folders and drives, and untick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
Guide 3: Automatically Remove Search.bakinu.com with SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a legitimate, real-time anti-spyware application designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Here shows how it works.
Step 1. Click the below button to download the file.
Step 2. Double click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the program. Then click Run button.
Step 3. Open SpyHunter and click Scan Computer Now! to allow the program to start a scan on your computer.
Step 4. When the scan is completed, all the threats in your computer are successfully detected. Tick Select All and then click Remove button to uninstall it.
Optional Choice: Optimize your PC with RegCure Pro
RegCure Pro is an advanced optimizer which is able to solve your computer system problems, remove your privacy items produced by online searches, delete junk files, uninstall malware and fix performance problems. Here shows how it works.
1. Click the below button to download RegCure Pro
2. Run the RegCureProSetup Application and click the Yes button to install the program step by step.
3. When the program is successfully installed, double click on its desktop shortcut to open it. On the Overview tab, check all the scan settings and then click on the Click to Start Scan button to run a system scan on your computer. The first system scan will take some time, please be patient.
4. When the system scan is done, click on Fix All button to completely remove all the performance problems in your computer.
There will be some leftover enabling the popup if you don’t manually remove all the related infections. So if you encounter any difficulty in getting rid of Search.bakinu.com manually, you are highly recommended to use SpyHunter Malware Removal. You also can think of downloading RegCure Pro to clean up and optimize your system.