Your default homepage somehow is changed into Alerttechhelp.com? Being disturbed by Alerttechhelp.com but can not remove it completely? The following paper will show you what it is and how to remove it thoroughly.
Information about Alerttechhelp.com
Alerttechhelp.com can be described as an adware that can flood your webpages numerous ads. It can not only duplicate itself to infect files but also download malicious programs on compromised computers. Once your computer gets infected with this unwanted program, you may see there is a alert window which comes from Norton warns you about the problems of your computer and provides you a phone number to ask for help. This adware seeks to mislead some security alerts to cheat you into contacting an unknown scam tech support company or downloading counterfeit antivirus programs. Well, you should keep alert because if you click or make a call which noted above you may suffer from property loss or computer breakdown.
Want an easy way to remove it?
Harms of Alerttechhelp.com
1) Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting, thus, your system performance may be greatly reduced.
2) Its ads may lead you to some harmful websites which may expose your system vulnerabilities to viruses or malware, then the speed of your computer may slow down.
3) Collecting all your valuable information and sends to its remote server for commercial purpose.
4) Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s knowledge.
Warm tips: When you install software, you should always pay attention to the process of installation, because Alerttechhelp.com or other malware may be bundled into the installation. Therefore, you should figure out every step you approved to make sure the safety of your computer system.
Solutions that worth of your trying
Solution 1: Follow the guides below to remove it manually.
Note:In order to avoid any mistakes that may crash down your system , this reference only for those who have the basic knowledge about Manual Disinfection
Step 1. Uninstall malicious programs and unwanted toolbars.
Click Start button > Control Panel > Uninstall a program> uninstall the program
Step 2. Remove Alerttechhelp.com from Internet browsers.
1. Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons
2. Disable the items which are related to Alerttechhelp.com
1. Go to Firefox’s Tools, and then select Add-ons
2. Navigate to Add-ons panel, and remove those extensions which are associated with Alerttechhelp.com
1. Click the Menu icon of Chrome and select Settings
2. Click Extensions on the left panel and remove the extensions related to Alerttechhelp.com
Step 3: Show Folder Options
Click Start button to open Control Panel, search for Folder Options and get into the in Folder Options window. Move to View tab, tick Show hidden files, folders and drives, and untick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
Step 4:Click on Start button, type into regedit and hit Enter. Then Clean all the malicious files and keys of Alerttechhelp.com virus in the registry and system folders.
Delete all of them:
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary\Internet Files*.exe
Solution 2: Use SpyHunter to remove it automatically.
SpyHunter is a legitimate, real-time anti-spyware application designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Here shows how it works.
Step 1. Click the below button to download the file.
Step 2. Double click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the program. Then click Run button.
Step 3. Open SpyHunter and click Scan Computer Now! to allow the program to start a scan on your computer.
Step 4. When the scan is completed, all the threats in your computer are successfully detected. Tick Select All and then click Remove button to uninstall it.
Optional choice: Optimize your PC with RegCure Pro
RegCure Pro is an advanced optimizer which is able to solve your computer system problems, remove your privacy items produced by online searches, delete junk files, uninstall malware and fix performance problems. Here shows how it works.
1. Click the below button to download RegCure Pro
2. Run the RegCureProSetup Application and click the Yes button to install the program step by step.
3. When the program is successfully installed, double click on its desktop shortcut to open it. On the Overview tab, check all the scan settings and then click on the Click to Start Scan button to run a system scan on your computer. The first system scan will take some time, please be patient.
4. When the system scan is done, click on Fix All button to completely remove all the performance problems in your computer.