“I noticed a red shield with a yellow cross on the bottom right of my screen in the dock. It is a program called search guard plus (My Web Tattoo) and search guard plus update(My Web Tattoo) from Make the Web Better LLC. Not sure if this came with the computer or if it’s a virus. Was on a web MD type site? A fake virus protector tried to install but I shut of the computer without hitting anything. “
—————A computer user
What Is Search Guard Plus?
The Search Guard Plus is adware element adding extension to Google, Firefox or IE, which is delivered through freeware or some third-party apps. According to the above user, his computer has been changed and added something because The Search Guard Plus has been gone into the memory of his computer. While the registry is modified, victim’s browser is under the control of Search Guard Plus. The symptoms it brings include:
- The computer screen is appended extension with icon of its The Web Better, LLC (the maker of Search Guard Plus).
- The computer is installed some programs which are My Tattoons or My Face LOL.
- The browsers of computer are redirected to fake ads pup-ups and phishing sites which automatically download the computer security protector in your computer.
The Details of My Tattoons
My Tattoons is a program derived from Search Guard Plus and it generates a start-up item in PC. The executable file is SearchGuardPlus.exe which occupies a lot of CPU usage. Also, all files which support it to run are usually about 891.18 KB (918.708 bytes). As for PC users who have this on their computer, 38 percent of users are from the US; there are also others from Canada and Brazil. The application pretends to be an application which provides fast service, but it is a bundle object of free downloads. With the changes of time, it can reduce your performance of computer.
The Details of My Face LOL
My Face LOL is another program derived from Search Guard Plus. The file of this program may be found in the location of C:\Program Files, which helps Search Guard Plus increase advertisement revenue. For example ,it may collect users’ history cookies, browser information and search results in order to reach the aim of redirect-type advertising. That is, when you open a website, it displays tailored pup-ups to encourage you to click.
In addition, some computers which are infected Search Guard Plus are found other malware.
Download SpyHunter to have a free scan!
Search Guard Plus Removal Guide
Method 1 Remove Search Guard Plus Manually
Set Homepage of Google Chrome
Open Goolge Chrome >> click on the settings button >> clicking Settings in the left list >> Select Open a specific page or set of pages >> Click Set pages >> Type in Add a new Page >> Click Use current pages >> OK
Set Homepage Mozilla Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox >> Click tool icon >> Click Options >> Select General >> change homepage in Home Page filed
End All Processes Relative to Search Guard Plus
1. Press three keys “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” (for Window 7) or “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” (for Window 8) together to start Task Manager. (another way is to right click the taskbar and choose Start Task Manager)
2. Click End Process to stop all processes such as SearchGuardPlus.exe
Reset Google Chrome
- OpenGoogle Chrome, Click the Chrome menu button, and then select Tools and choose Extensions.
- Find unknown extension and remove them by clicking Trash icon.
- Now clickSettings, smooth down with your mouse and click Show Advanced settings. In the tab of Reset Browser Settings, click Reset.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox Browser. Click Firefox menu button and choose help button
- In the help list, click the Troubleshooting Information.
- In the page of Troubleshooting Information, choose the Refresh Firefox.
- Next, click Refresh Firefox to restore your browser settings.
- Finally, the Firefox will close itself and revert to its default settings.
IF THE MANUAL METHOD DOESN’T HELP YOU! TRY TO USE REMOVAL TOOL!
Method 2 RemoveSearch Guard Plus Automatically
Download and Install SpyHunter
1. Click the link below to download SpyHunter.
2. Click Run run the file.exe.
3. After it is done, double click SpyHunter icon. In the interface of SpyHunter click the Scan Computer Now!
4. The results of scanning come out. You will see the threats list. Now, don’t hesitate to click Fix Threats before ticking Select All.
Note: The SpyHunter is free for virus scan. If you want to remove the threats, you need to purchase SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
Download and Install RegCure
1. Click the link below to download RegCure.
2. Click Save File to save the file.exe.
3. Run the file.exe by clicking the Run button. If the Windows asks you whether to allow or not, please choose allow.
4. After the installation is successful, double click the shortcut icon to open RegCure, which will automatically turn to the interface of System Scan and start to scan.
5. When the scanning is finished, you will see all the threats. Now, don’t hesitate to click Fix All to solve all issues in your computer.
Note: The RegCure is free for issues scan. If you want to fix these issues, you need to purchase RegCure Pro Registry Cleaner by registering.
If you want to learn more removal methods, you can have a reference to Remove Ms.error-917828.tech Pup-ups.
Warm tips: Due to slow payload speed sometimes, some pictures in this page may be invisible. Please reload or refresh more times and then you can see these pictures.