What is Cerber Ransomware Virus?
Cerber Ransomware virus is computer malware which is through spam emails that carries an executable malicious file to encrypt victim’s files and then demands ransom to restore the files. Every file is locked by RSA-2048 key (AES CBC 256-bit encryption system). A funny point about this ransomware is that its attack field is limited in these countries: Russia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan. That is, if you are dwellers of one of them, it will not hit your computer. The Cerber virus brings damage to your computer. It runs automatically every time you start up the computer. Your computer is also sent messy error report. if you click, it forces the computer to reboot to Safe Mode of Windows.
When it infects deep into the computer system, each file is appended .cerber extension as an encryption file. When you open these files, you will look the ransom notes: DECRYPT MY FILES etc. The files it encrypts include .html, .txt, .doc, .docx, .xls, .pdf or .vbs. The ransomware pup ups a window which tells you how to pay ransom and the process of restoring your files. Moreover, it requires you download Tor Browser to surf the hacker’s website in which is convenient to pay the ransom.
Besides, the ransom it displays is 1.25 Bitcoins which is nearly 512 dollars. The ransom is not stable. If you would not pay within seven days, the payment becomes doubled as before one. Once you pay the ransom, it will provide its special download website for decryption tool.
Is it Possible to Decrypt Files Infected with Cerber Ransomware?
No, it is impossible.
Decrypting the files locked by Cerber ransomware needs much time and social energy. Now it has no technology to break the AES in a short time just only by paying the ransom. Because only the special decryption tool for Cerber can unlock the infected files, most of the victims have to pay for this. If so, it will promote hackers team to continue to their despicable operations.
Can Cerber Ransomware Virus Be Uninstalled?
Although the encrypted files still remain, the virus can be uninstalled by professional antivirus software. It is necessary to remember that do not recover your files before cleaning the virus because the virus is still “alive” that can infect files continually.
The SpyHunter has succeeded in removing a lot of ransomeware virus. It will be a powerful guarder of your computer!
Step 1 Remove Cerber Ransomware Virus with SpyHunter
1. Download SpyHunter by clicking the below link.
2. Run the file.exe by clicking Run.
3. After it is done, double click SpyHunter icon. In the interface of SpyHunter click the Scan Computer Now!
4. The results of scanning come out. You will see the computer threats list. Tick Select All and then click Fix Threats.
Note: The SpyHunter is free for virus scan. If you want to remove the threats, you need to purchase SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
Step 2 Clean Computer with RegCure
After removing Cerber Ransomware Virus, having the RegCure can help you clean history records, temp files, changed settings and so on.
1. Click the link below to download RegCure.
2. Click Save File to save the file.exe.
3. Run the file.exe by clicking the Run button. If the Windows asks you whether to allow or not, please choose allow.
4. After the installation is successful, double click the shortcut icon to open RegCure, which will automatically turn to the interface of System Scan and start to scan.
5. When the scanning is finished, you will see all the threats. Now, don’t hestate to click Fix All to solve all issues in your computer.
Note: The RegCure is free for issues scan. If you want to fix these issues, you need to purchase RegCure Pro Registry Cleaner by registering.
Tips: Virus threats are always installed in the computer without noticing. It is highly suggested that you must prepare to full back-up files. You also need SpyHunter to prevent virus invading your computer.