Some free search websites appear on your Chrome or Firefox browser, but they always provide ads on your websites. Now, there is the HuntQuery Search interfering your surfing experience.
What is HuntQuery Search?
HuntQuery Search is free for computer users but is a browser hijacker. It looks like a formal search web page, but it is developed by third-party investors to get advertisement profit. HuntQuery Search is not only a domain of search website, but also invades computer with unnecessary extensions, adds-on and programs. After your computer has been made a bug, your computer is infected with HuntQuery Search by using DLL technique or other website plugins. Thus, there are ads covered with every new open page, the homepage is changed and it redirects to the sponsor websites and so on. To make matters worse, some computer problems also come out. For instance, when you get online, some websites suddenly close, and even the computer meets with computer shutdown.
It is installed in computer via free downloads which is bundled into PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). Please pay attention to the option for any unwanted or unfamiliar programs. Tick “Advanced” may save your time and protect your computer from interfering a lot of junk ads.
The article will give both manual methods and automatic methods. Feel free to use anyone which is helpful to you!
Removal Methods to HuntQuery Search
Method 1 Remove HuntQuery Search Manually
Set Homepage of Google Chrome
Open Goolge Chrome >> click on the settings button >> clicking Settings in the left list >> Select Open a specific page or set of pages >> Click Set pages >> Type in Add a new Page >> Click Use current pages >> OK
Set Homepage Mozilla Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox >> Click tool icon >> Click Options >> Select General >> change homepage in Home Page filed
End All Processes Relative to Wzscnet.com/i/startm.html
1. Press three keys “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” (for Window 7) or “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” (for Window 8) together to start Task Manager. (another way is to right click the taskbar and choose Start Task Manager)
2. Click End Process to stop all processes of Wzscnet.com/i/startm.html.
Reset Google Chrome
- OpenGoogle Chrome, Click the Chrome menu button, and then select Tools and choose Extensions.
- Find unknown extension and remove them by clicking Trash icon.
- Now clickSettings, smooth down with your mouse and click Show Advanced settings. In the tab of Reset Browser Settings, click Reset.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox Browser. Click Firefox menu button and choose help button
- In the help list, click the Troubleshooting Information.
- In the page of Troubleshooting Information, choose the Refresh Firefox.
- Next, click Refresh Firefox to restore your browser settings.
- Finally, the Firefox will close itself and revert to its default settings.
IF THE MANUAL METHOD DOESN’T HELP YOU! TRY TO USE REMOVAL TOOL!
Method 2 Remove HuntQuery Search Automatically
Download and Install SpyHunter
1. Click the link below to download SpyHunter.
2. Click Run run the file.exe.
3. After it is done, double click SpyHunter icon. In the interface of SpyHunter click the Scan Computer Now!
4. The results of scanning come out. You will see the threats list. Now, don’t hesitate to click Fix Threats before ticking Select All.
Note: The SpyHunter is free for virus scan. If you want to remove the threats, you need to purchase SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
Download and Install RegCure
1. Click the link below to download RegCure.
2. Click Save File to save the file.exe.
3. Run the file.exe by clicking the Run button. If the Windows asks you whether to allow or not, please choose allow.
4. After the installation is successful, double click the shortcut icon to open RegCure, which will automatically turn to the interface of System Scan and start to scan.
5. When the scanning is finished, you will see all the threats. Now, don’t hestate to click Fix All to solve all issues in your computer.
Note: The RegCure is free for issues scan. If you want to fix these issues, you need to purchase RegCure Pro Registry Cleaner by registering.