What is iStartSurf.com? I did not install it, how can it gets insides my computer? Will it damage my computer? How can I remove it thoroughly?
iStartSurf,com is considered as a browser hijacker that can make your computer totally in a mess. In most cases, it comes from the download of freeware or shareware. This kind of browser hijacker may be bundled into your installation and you may not know there are programs sneak into your PC at all. Once it infiltrates into your computer, it can changes the default homepage and search-engine of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome without your permission.
Chaos iStartSurf may bring
This nasty thing is designed for displaying commercial advertisements and promoting little known software on targeted computer.So iStartSurf.com pretends to be a normal search engine on your browser to earn your trust. You should always stay clear-minded. If iStartSurf.com has installed on your computer, increasingly, it will show its true features.
Once you accidentally touch it, your browser will be forcibly redirected to another website for generating web traffic, or your browser may be pointed to download unknown programs automatically and you know nothing about it. If you search information with this iStartSurf.com, you will see lots of unrelated ads or links on the list, therefore, the performance of your computer will be slowed down. Besides, it may run in the background of your system and consume lots of system resources to slow down the speed of the computer.So, if you want to keep your computer safe and clean, you would better download software from its official site.
Solutions to remove iStartSurf
Solution 1: You can clean up all iStartSurf related files, programs, and registries from your computer to eliminate this iStartSurf.
Solution 2: You can use efficient anti-virus program like Spyhunter or MalwareBytes to remove iStartSurf automatically.
S1. Manually Remove iStartSurf
STEP1- Uninstall iStartSurf from Windows Control Panel
a) Click on the “Start” button on the lower-left of your monitor.
b) Locate and select “Control Panel”.
c) Search for the potentially unwanted program and uninstall it by clicking the “Uninstall” button.
STEP2- Remove iStartSurf from your web browser
For Internet Explorer users:
1. Open Internet Explorer, go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. In the next page, find Browsing Protection and similar entries, and then click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change your start page.
For Mozilla Firefox users:
1. Access Mozilla Firefox, go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Look for Browsing Protection and similar unfamiliar items, and then click ‘Uninstall’.
3. Once you remove it, change the start page.
For Google Chrome users:
1. Click on the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select ‘Tools’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Then search for Browsing Protection or similar unwanted extensions and delete them by tapping the Recycle Bin.
3. Remember to change start page.
STEP3- Delete relevant registry from Registry Editor
• Call out “Run” box by pressing “Windows” key + “R” key on your keyboard;
• Type “Regedit” into the Run box and click OK to open Registry Editor
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
S2. Remove iStartSurf with Spyhunter
1. Download and install Spyhunter into your computer.
2. Once Spyhunter installed successfully, you need to do a full scanning with Spyhunter to find out all threats.
3. Select all threats and remove it all from your computer.
Optional： Optimize your PC with RegCure Pro
1) Click the below button to download the file.
2) Run the RegCure Pro Setup Application and click the Yes button to install the program step by step.
3) Check all the scan settings and then click on the Click to Start Scan button to run a system scan on your computer.
4) When the system scan is done, click on Fix All button to completely remove all the performance problems in your computer.
If you are not good at computer skills, pleas do not try manual removal because you may cause data files loss. For saving your time and protecting your files, it is highly recommended you to use SpyHunter and RegCure Pro to remove threats.