What is Local Scavenger ?
Local Scavenger is a browser toolbar that can be compatible with various browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox and Internet Explorer. However, Local Scavenger is not a useful but a harmful item. In most cases, it can infiltrate into your computer without your permission, because it is usually packed with the installation of freeware or shareware. Additional plug-ins, apps, toolbars, and add-ons are inadequately disclosed in the standard installation options.
Once Local Scavenger has successfully got inside your computer, your computer may be messed up. Firstly, it will injects a variety of third-party ads in the pages you visit. They may present various security issues to your system because most of them link to websites with unverified content. Then, your search engine may be changed into Ask.com. It is also designed to collect user’s confidential information like bank passwords, e-mail address or bank accounts and sell it all to the third-party.
What harms Local Scavenger can do to your computer?
1. It alters system start-up items and browser settings.
2. It installs extra unwanted programs on computers.
3. It generates plenty of unwanted pop-up advertisements and links on web browsers.
4. It uses security vulnerabilities to help other nasty viruses sneak into PCs.
5. It tracks users’ browsing traces to collect personal information.
Local Scavenger Toolbar is not worthy of being installed on computers. If it has already appeared on your PC, please follow this guide to uninstall it without delay.
A quick and safe way to remove it, please click here: Download SpyHunter<<
How to remove Local Scavenger?
Method 1. Manual steps to remove Local Scavenger
Step 1. Uninstall it from your computer
1. Access Window’s Start Menu and select “Control Panel”.
2. Select Programs and Features.
3. Search for the potentially unwanted program and uninstall it by clicking the “Uninstall” button.
Step 2. Delete all unwanted and malicious add-ons and extensions from your browser
1. Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons
2. Disable the items which are related the program.
1. Go to Firefox’s Tools, and then select Add-ons
2. Navigate to Add-ons panel, and remove those extensions which are associated with Local Scavenger
1. Click the Menu icon of Chrome and select Settings
2. Click Extensions on the left panel and remove the extensions related to Local Scavenger
Step 3. Reset your browser
• launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
• Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
• Tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
• open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
• find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
• search for these 2 options: Make Default&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
• make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
• open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
• get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
• with page of Trouble shooting information, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset.
Step 4. Remove all files of Local Scavenger Toolbar from the Operating System
• Call out “Run” box by pressing “Windows” + “R” on your keyboard;
• Type “Regedit” into the Run box and click OK to open Registry Editor
Delete them all：
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
Method 2. Automatic steps to remove Local Scavenger
1) Click the below button to download the file.
2) Double click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the program.
3) After the installation, click Finish.
4) Open SpyHunter and click Scan Computer Now! to allow the program to start a scan on your computer.
5) SpyHunter will now start scanning your computer as shown below.
6) When the scan is completed, all the threats in your computer are successfully detected. Tick Select All and then click Fix Threats button to uninstall it.
Optimize your PC with RegCure Pro
1) Click the below button to download the file.
2) Run the RegCureProSetup Application and click the Yes button to install the program step by step.
3) When the program is successfully installed, double click on its desktop shortcut to open it. On the Overview tab, check all the scan settings and then click on the Click to Start Scan button to run a system scan on your computer.
4) When the system scan is done, click on Fix All button to completely remove all the performance problems in your computer.
Note: The manual steps may require some knowledge about computer. If you know little about these skills, you may make some mistakes. Any mistake may result in system crashing down. So it is recommended you to use SpyHunter to remove it ,and use RegCure Pro to optimizer your computer.