It is so terrible that a website called Mountainbrowse.com redirects its own website which copies the content similar to those websites that the computer users have visited. The victims can’t help shouting “Even God cannot remove it”.
What is Mountainbrowse.com?
It is a browser hijacker which changes your browser settings through modifying the information in registry. Once infected, its “high virulence” (actually a malicious program, not true virus) starts to spread the computer. It is not surprising that the homepage and search engine are changed into Mountainbrowse.com. It also adds toolbar under the Address Bar. All it done is for receiving advertisement revenue. Mountainbrowse.com invades computer on the behalf of monetization platform, which traces cookies and search results.
For instance, when you typed “Microsoft Word Free Download” one day, your search is also recorded by Mountainbrowse.com program. Another day you open a new website on which you will see the pup-ups or advertisement window attached to some text “Free Microsoft Word”
However when you close this pup-up, there are still another pup-ups nothing but the content such as “Travel to America” “Cannon” or whatever relative to what you have queried.
How to Avoid Mountainbrowse.com Browser Hijacker?
It usually uses the “bundling” in free download to invade into the computer. When you download free software, please remember to choose Customer downloader form. The free software is prone to let you download in the Client form which can conceal the installation of the malicious programs.
In addition, don’t visit porn or junk websites which can automatically changes your registry when you clicking. The similar source of Mountainbrowse.com also includes spam email, fake updates notification and so on.
The Manual Methods to Remove Mountainbrowse.com
<1> Restore Default Homepage of Google Chrome
1) Open Goolge Chrome.
2) Click on the below icon to open settings menu of Google Chrome.
3) Click the Settings item.
4) Click Settings again in the new page.
5) Select Open a specific page or set of pages.
6) Here are a button of Set pages. Click it.
7) Type the homepage of Google in the filed of Add a new Page, and then click Use current pages.
<2> Restore to Defalut Homepage of Mozilla Firefox
1) Open Mozilla Firefox.
2) Click on the tool icon to open the tool menu of Mozilla Firefox.
3) Open options page by clicking Options icon.
4) Select General and loot at the Startup tab.
5) If the homepage is relative to Mountainbrowse.com, delete the website and type a safe website in the Home Page filed.
<3> End All Processes Relative to Mountainbrowse.com
1) Press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” (for Window 7) or “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” (for Window 8) together to start Task Manager. (alnatively you right click the taskbar and choose Start Task Manager.
2) Click End Process to stop all processes of Mountainbrowse.com.
<4> Remove Mountainbrowse programs
1) Click on Start button and open Control Panel.
2) Click Programs and Features in all Control Panel items.
3) Find out the programs relative to Mountainbrowse and right click on it and then Uninstall.
If the above methods cannot solve your problems, I suggest you download the SpyHunter and RegCure. Both are really great. The customer who have used RegCure said that they don’t know there are hidden a lot of advertisement entries and junk plugins in their computer until it scans through all records. The RegCure also makes the start of Firefox or Google more fast.
It is also necessary to download SpyHunter, which can block the unsafe hijacker or virus. SpyHunter have the latest virus database and the remote server to solve personal computer problems.
<5> Download and Install SpyHunter
1) Click the link below to download SpyHunter.
2) Click Run run the file.exe.
3) After it is done, double click SpyHunter icon. In the interface of SpyHunter click the Scan Computer Now!
4) The results of scanning come out. You will see the Adware.MyWebSearch in the threats list. Now, don’t hesitate to click Fix Threats before ticking Select All.
Note: You can scan computer virus with SpyHunter at anytime. If you want to remove the threats, you need to purchase SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
<6> Download and Install RegCure
1) Click the link below to download RegCure.
2) Click Save File to save the file.exe.
3) Run the file.exe by clicking the Run button. If the Windows asks you whether to allow or not, please choose allow.
4) After the installation is successful, double click the shortcut icon to open RegCure, which will automatically turn to the interface of System Scan and start to scan.
5) When the scanning is finished, you will see all the threats. Now, don’t hestate to click Fix All to solve all issues in your computer.
Note: You can scan through the whole computer with RegCure at anytime. If you want to fix these issues, you need to purchase RegCure Pro Registry Cleaner by registering.
If you meet any difficulties in the process of installation, please must give me a reply and I will help you.