What is Picexa?
Picexa is a photo viewer which claims that it can improve your image viewing experience. It is said that this program can support 67 different image formats, feature a high quality zooming option, and reduce the resource consumption to up to 70%. It seems that Picexa contains many advantages. One may easily attract by this program, but the truth is far from it. If Picexa has already been installed on your computer, you should not hesitate to remove it immediately, for it actually an unwanted adware that could become the reason for many future security-related issues.
How does Picexa get into my computer?
Apart from downloading Picexa from its homepage, users can also get infected with it through the installation process of freeware and shareware. It may also come into your computer via spam email attachments. When you open the unknown attachments, you may activate the malicious codes of this adware and allow it to get installed on your computer system. Besides, this adware can infiltrate into your machine through some malicious websites like pornographic websites.
What harm Picexa can cause?
Once you get Picexa installed on your computer, it may change you default homepage and DNS settings without your permission. When you surf the Internet your screen will flood with ads and links which can redirect you to a dubious websites or automatically download some malicious program, and you know little about it. Besides, consumes lots of system resources when running in the background of the system, which greatly decreases the computer performance. It can also collect your personal information and transmit it to the third parties without your knowledge. Thus, you may suffer from information disclosure.
How to remove Picexa completely?
Method 1: Manually remove the adware step by step
Step 1: Remove all suspicious programs via Control Panel.
1. Click Start button, select “Control Panel”.
2. Locate “Uninstall a program” and click on it.
3. Look for the suspicious programs and click “Uninstall” to remove them.
Step 2: Remove all unwanted add-ons or extensions from browsers.
1. Click on the Gear icon and select “Manage add-ons”.
2. On the “Toolbars and Extensions” tab, find out and disable the toolbars or extensions associated with the adware.
1. Click on the Wrench icon, click “Tools” and navigate to “Extensions”.
2. On the “Extensions” tab, look for and delete all extensions related to Picexa adware.
1. Click 3-horizontal menu in the right top corner, and select “Add-ons”.
2. In the Add-ons Manager tab, look for and remove any unwanted extensions or plug-ins.
Step 3: Remove all malicious files and registry entries from system.
1. Look for any malicious folders and files in the C drive and delete them.
2. Open the registry editor: press Windows key + R key, type “regedit” and press Enter.
3. In the registry editor, search for any registry entries related to Picexa adware and delete them.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
Method 2: Automatically remove the adware with SpyHunter (Recommended)
Step 1: Download SpyHunter on your PC.
Step 2: Install SpyHunter step by step.
Step 3: Run SpyHunter to remove the adware.
Step 4. After the scanning is done, remove all detected threats by clicking on “Fix Threats”.
Optional choice: using RegCure Pro to optimize your computer
1) Click the below button to download the file.
2) Run the RegCureProSetup Application and click the Yes button to install the program step by step.
3) click on the Click to Start Scan button to run a system scan on your computer.
4) When the system scan is done, click on Fix All button to completely remove all the performance problems in your computer.
Tips for you to protect your computer:
a) Install reputable real-time antivirus program, and scan your computer regularly.
b) Pay attention to what you are downloading, especially freeware or shareware.
c) Make clear every installation step.
d) Stay away from intrusive websites.
e) Do not click dubious links or pop-ups.
f) Avoid opening spam e-mails or suspected attachments.