What Is TechFreeHelp Adware?
It is adware which is able to install ads plugins on PC for advertisement revenue. You may think it is a useful tool for the latest news it provides. As long as you leave it on your computer, it is engaging its adware activities in your browsers. For instance, you may usually see ads pup-ups or links covered with your websites; you are redirected to unfamiliar websites which promote its toolbars, optimization utilities and other applications. It is actually a PUP (potentially unwanted program). Once TechFreeHelp is installed in your web browser, it can collect your confidential messages such as your search queries, history records, passwords, social names and take much more on your computer without your consent. So many CPU usages it occupies, certainly your browser performance gets down.
According to report, TechFreeHelp is regarded as Win32:PUP-gen virus. TechFreeHelp is often transmitted by bundles in free softwarem, free games and some one-click freeware tools which are usually distributed on sharing forums.
TechFreeHelp makes you have an unsatisfying browsing experience. You can remove it by yourself, but the most safe way to remove it is to use an anti-malware tool.
The Manual Methods to Remove TechFreeHelp
Remove TechFreeHelp programs
For Windows 8 Users
- Click Start on lower left corner.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find TechFreeHelp programs from the list and then click uninstall.
For Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP Users.
- Click start on the lower left corner.
- Click Control Panel.
- When the window pup ups, look though all and find Programs and Features. Click it.
- Find programs about TechFreeHelp. Right click on it and choose uninstall.
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer and click on Tool button. Then click Internet option.
2. In the widow of Internet option, select Advanced tab and then click Reset.
3. Continue to click Reset when there appears a window of reset Internet Explorerer.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and click on Menu button on the upper right corner of web page. Click Help Menu button.
2. Choose Troubleshooting Information in the list of help menu.
3. There is a page which displays a button of Refresh Firefox and click on it.
4. Then choose Refresh Firefox in the pup-up.
Reset Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click on Menu button on the upper right corner of web page. Click Settings.
2. In the page of settings, click a sentence of “Show advanced settings”. The folded information will be shown.
3. Smooth your mouse down. Click Reset Settings in the bottom of the page.
4. Please click on Reset button as you go for it.
Clean Registry Entries Changed by TechFreeHelp
2. Type “regedit” to open Registry Editor.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<techfreehelp.com pop-up>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Note: Before removing TechFreeHelp manually, please remember to back up your data.
Use Tools to Remove TechFreeHelp
This method helps remove TechFreeHelp or other adware permanently. SpyHunter can scan deep into your computer system and provide easy operations for removing virus.
Download and Install SpyHunter
1. Click the link below to download SpyHunter.
2. Click Run when there appears a pop-up to ask “Do you want to run this file?”
3. When the file.exe is done, double click SpyHunter icon. In the interface of SpyHunter click the Scan Computer Now!
4. The results of scanning come out. You will see the WizzCaster words in the threats list. Now, don’t hesitate to click Fix Threats before ticking Select All.
Note: the scan of SpyHunter for virus is free. If you want to remove the threats, you need to purchase SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
The RegCure Pro, a professional optimizer tool, is developed by ParetoLogic, which has attained Gold Certified status in the Microsoft Partner Network. With its cleaning function, the registry, website settings, unwanted shortcuts etc brought by TechFreeHelp can be tidied up.
Download and Install RegCure Pro
1. Click the link below to download RegCure.
2. Click Save File when there appears a pop-up to ask “Do you want to save this file?”
3. Run the file.exe by clicking the Run button. If the Windows asks you whether to allow or not, please choose allow.
4. When the installation is finished, there will be a RegCure shortcut in the desktop. Double click the shortcut icon to open RegCure, which will automatically turn to the interface of System Scan and start to scan.
5. When the scanning is finished, you will see all the threats which are distributed on your computer are shown. Click Fix All to solve all issues in your computer.Note: The scan of RegCure for issues is free. If you want to fix these issues, you need to purchase RegCure Pro Registry Cleaner by registering.
In conclusion, the adware brings much interfere to your computer, so you shouldn’t let your computer without protection. Otherwise, it provides an easy chance for virus, adware or malware load on your computer.