After downloading a freeware, my homepage suddenly change into Websearch.searchtotal.info. And my computer run slowly and even crash down. What happen to my computer?
What is Websearch.searchtotal.info?
Websearch.searchtotal.info is listed as a browser hijacker, which is promoted through the downloading of freeware or shareware. It can penetrate into different types of web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and many others. Once it successfully installs on your computer, it will change your browser homepage and default search engine to http://websearch.searchtotal.info/ without your permission. One should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this Websearch.searchtotal.info browser hijacker. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Dangers Websearch.searchtotal.info may bring
- Websearch.searchtotal.info will hijack your web browser homepage and default search engine
- Installs a Windows Service and runs on Windows start up.
- System performance becomes much slower than it was before and browser may crash over and over.
- Typically distributed through a pay-per-install bundle
- Unknown toolbars, plugin/extensions appear on browsers.
Ways to remove Websearch.searchtotal.info
A quick and safe way to remove Websearch,searchtotal.info:
Method 1. Remove Websearch.searchtotal.info manually
Step 1. Remove Websearch.searchtotal.info Related Program from Computer
1. Access Window’s Start Menu and select “Control Panel”.
2. Select “Uninstall a program”.
3. Search for the potentially unwanted program and uninstall it by clicking the “Uninstall” button.
Step 2. Clean all entries created by Trojan.Compfun virus
• Call out “Run” box by pressing “Windows” key + “R” key on your keyboard;
• Type “Regedit” into the Run box and click OK to open Registry Editor
Delete them all：
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
Step 3: Reset affected browsers.
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Default&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting information, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset.
Method 2. Remove Websearch.searchtotal.info Automatically & Completely (Recommended)
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application, which is designed to assist the average computer user in protecting the PC from malicious threats. With this application you can easily remove the infections of Trojans, worms, rootkits, rogues, dialers and spywares, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
Step 1. Click the following icon to download SpyHunter
Step 2. Double click on its file and then click the Run button to enter the installation procedure
Step 4. When complete the installation, open SpyHunter and click Scan Computer Now! button to start scan your computer.
Step 5. Then check the scan result and click on Fix Threats button to make your computer clean rapidly.
Optional solution: use RegCure Pro to optimize your PC.
RegCure Pro is packed with the tools you need to boost your PC’s speed and performance. Featuring an intuitive interface and easy-to-use work flow, RegCure Pro scans common problem areas -and quickly and safely fixes them. As well, it has several tools and features to address other performance and computing issues.
Step 1. Download RegCure Pro by Clicking on the icon below
Step 2. Double-click on the RegCure Pro program to open it, and then follow the instructions to install it.
Step 3. When complete the installation, open the application and choose which part you want to scan, and then click the button Click to Start Scan
Step 4. When the System Scan is done, click Fix All button to correct all the security risks and potential causes of your computer slow performance.
Warm Reminder: Websearch.searchtotal.info is a malicious program that should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. You should remove it from your PC without any delay.