This article is aimed to tell you what happens on your computer which is infected with the WizzCaster virus. As for removing it, you can use manual methods, but I suggest you use a powerful security tool such as SpyHunter. The next is a brief introduction about WizzCaster and a guide to remove it.
Description of WizzCaster
You can call WizzCaster a virus, but it is strictly a browser hijacker. The WizzCaster
browser hijacker is actually controlled by malicious programs. Most people install some free software or some unknown websites, and then it gives an opportunity for WizzCaster to invade into your computer. Once installed, they will accept constant redirects on unfamiliar websites and frequent advertisement pop-ups when opening a browser. The pop-ups content are similar to what you have searched in Internet. While they use a search engine like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox, a toolbar signed with WizzCaster is put on the top of the web page. It also invades your computer files so that you may have some programs on your computer such as SpaceSoundPro, PC Speed Up, System Healer, SafeFinder, and Lucky Browse which you don’t need at all. When it comes to advertisement, I would like to tell you that this browser hijacker is produced by cyber businessman to make fortune or for other malicious purposes.
Therefore, pay attention to the option when downloading the free software. Choose “Custom” or “Advanced” rather than “Typical” or “Quick” form.
The Damages of WizzCaster
Infected with such a browser hijacker would bring harm to an enterprise. When the staffs are working, the frequent porn sites come out. Thus, it will distract them from the work and decrease the profit of an enterprise. Even the important information of the enterprise is stolen.
Also, one point is a must to say. WizzCaster changes some settings in registry by DLL technique and then it causes bugs in computer, which makes Trojan easily enter the computer. Your computer will be in a messy situation.
However, don’t worry. Follow the methods below. You will have a clean computer system!
The Manual Methods of Removing WizzCaster
Remove WizzCaster programs
For Window 8 Users
- Click Start on lower left corner.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find WizzCaster programs from the list and then click uninstall.
For Window 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP Users.
- Click start on the lower left corner.
- Click Control Panel.
- When the window pup ups, look though all and find Programs and Features. Click it.
- Find programs about WizzCaster. Right click on it and choose uninstall.
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer and click on Tool button. Then click Internet option.
2. In the widow of Internet option, select Advanced tab and then click Reset.
3. Continue to click Reset when there appears a window of reset Internet Explorerer.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and click on Menu button on the upper right corner of web page. Click Help Menu button.
2. Choose Troubleshooting Information in the list of help menu.
3. There is a page which displays a button of Refresh Firefox and click on it.
4. Then choose Refresh Firefox in the pup-up.
Reset Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click on Menu button on the upper right corner of web page. Click Settings.
2. In the page of settings, click a sentence of “Show advanced settings”. The folded information will be shown.
3. Smooth your mouse down. Click Reset Settings in the bottom of the page.
4. Please click on Reset button as you go for it.
Note: Before removing WizzCaster manually, please remember to back up your data.
Use Tools to Remove WizzCaster
This method helps remove WizzCaster or other browser hijacker permanently. Due to the complicated conditions of infected computer, the browser settings and some system files may lose. Use automatic software can scan deep into your computer system and provide easy operations for removing virus.
The SpyHunter, the real-time protection software, can detect dubious processes or potentially unwanted programs and then prevent them from invading your computer.
Download and Install SpyHunter
1. Click the link below to download SpyHunter.
2. Click Run when there appears a pop-up to ask “Do you want to run this file?”
3. When the file.exe is done, double click SpyHunter icon. In the interface of SpyHunter click the Scan Computer Now!
4. The results of scanning come out. You will see the WizzCaster words in the threats list. Now, don’t hesitate to click Fix Threats before ticking Select All.
Note: the scan of SpyHunter for virus is free. If you want to remove the threats, you need to purchase SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
The RegCure Pro, a professional optimizer tool, is developed by ParetoLogic, which has attained Gold Certified status in the Microsoft Partner Network. With its cleaning function, the registry, website settings, unwanted shortcuts etc brought by WizzCaster can be tidied up.
Download and Install RegCure Pro
1. Click the link below to download RegCure.
2. Click Save File when there appears a pop-up to ask “Do you want to save this file?”
3. Run the file.exe by clicking the Run button. If the Windows asks you whether to allow or not, please choose allow.
4. When the installation is finished, there will be a RegCure shortcut in the desktop. Double click the shortcut icon to open RegCure, which will automatically turn to the interface of System Scan and start to scan.
5. When the scanning is finished, you will see all the threats which are distributed on your computer are shown. Click Fix All to solve all issues in your computer.Note: The scan of RegCure for issues is free. If you want to fix these issues, you need to purchase RegCure Pro Registry Cleaner by registering.
It is worthwhile to download SpyHunter and RegCure Pro, which help you drive away the annoying advertisement.