If you frequently see pop-up ads with “ads by Offer4u” within Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome, then your computer is infected with an adware or potentially unwanted program.
What is Offer4u? Is it malicious?
Created by cyber criminals, Offer4u is deemed as a nasty potentially unwanted program, which aims at generating web traffic and collecting sales leads for other dubious websites. Offers4U is an ad-supported (users may see additional banner, search, pop-up, pop-under, interstitial and in-text link advertisements) cross web browser plugin for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, and distributed via various monetization platforms during installation.
Once Offer4u has successfully infiltrated into system, it will begin to make chaos. At the very beginning, it displays a bunch of pop-ups with various offers and tries to make users click on them. At first sight you may think these messages are quite useful, especially when you are doing online shopping. Offers4U provides various coupons and discounts to purchase some products. However, most of them are bogus information.
How to remove Offers4u from PC?
Method 1. Manually remove Offers4u
Step 1: Stop the process from Task Manager.
“Ctrl+ Shift + Esc” to open Task Manager > Processes > find Offer4u ads and select End process.
Step 2: Remove suspicious programs from Control Panel.
From Windows 7: Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Programs > select Offers4u and remove it.
From Windows 8: on Start screen > right-click the app tile > tap or click Uninstall.
Step 3: Remove suspicious extensions from browsers and reset homepage.
1. Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons
2. Disable the items which are related to the program.
3.Reset Internet Explorer
• launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
• Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
• tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
1. Go to Firefox’s Tools, and then select Add-ons
2. Navigate to Add-ons panel, and remove those extensions which are associated with Offers4u
3. Reset Mozilla FireFox
• open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
• get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
• with page of Trouble shooting information, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset.
1. Click the Menu icon of Chrome and select Settings
2. Click Extensions on the left panel and remove the extensions related to Offers4u
3. Reset Google Chrome
• open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
• find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
• search for these 2 options: Make Default&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
• make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
Method 2. Automatically remove Offers4u
Step 1: Download SpyHunter by click below.
Step 2: Select “Run” and permit to download the installer. After downloading the installer, double-click the installer and start installing SpyHunter.
Step 3: Choose “Malware Scan” and give your PC a comprehensive check.
Step 4: Choose “Fix Threats”.
Optional steps: Optimize your computer with RegCure Pro
RegCure Pro is an advanced optimizer which is able to solve your computer system problems, remove your privacy items produced by online searches, delete junk files, uninstall malware and fix performance problems. Here shows how it works.
1: Click below to download RegCure Pro immediately.
2: After downloading RegCure Pro, click “Run” to install it according to the instructions and finish the installation.
3: Click “System Scan” to start the scanning process.
4: After the RegCure Pro done scanning all the files, click “Fix All” to complete the whole scan pro.
Summary: As a nasty PUP, Offers4u will keep disturbing you not only on your online life, but also on your system security. Thus, remove it as fast as you can. With SpyHunter, you can always protect your computer from malicious attacks; with RegCure Pro, you can always keep your system clean.