OtShot is deemed as a potentially unwanted program that can bring users many troubles. In most cases, it sneaks into your computer via other free downloads. There is one thing we should know, that is OtShot is not a virus, but during the setup process some adware or browser hijackers may be promoted to install on your computer.
Details about OtShot
OtShot is a photo editing application that is typically added when you install some freeware or shareware (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that can be bundled into the installation of OtShot. Most commonly, users know little about this “extra process”. The OtShot installer is packed with JollyWallet, Conduit Search, Value Apps, FindLyrics, LyricsPal and other malicious or unwanted programs.
When the installation process is completed, and you accept all the default setting, then, your default homepage and search engine will be modified, soon you will see many popup ads, links and banners displayed on every webpage you visit. Even when you uninstall OtShot from your computer, your web browser’s default settings will not be restored, and this malicious programs will not be removed entirely.
Though OtShot is not an evil virus, it still make chaos for your online life. On the one hand, it will bring you many unknown malicious programs without your consciousness. On the other hand, it will always display pop-ups saying “Unable to load skin” and “Would you like to import your contacts from Outlook” every time when you turn on your computer.
OtShot removal steps
Warm tips: Otshot do bring users many troubles, therefore, we highly recommend you to remove it from your computer as fast as you can. The following we will show you the manual steps and the automatic steps. But the manual steps involves in some complicated steps, one should choose the automatic one if he/she know little about computer skills.
Automatic tool download >>> Download SpyHunter, a reputable security tool !
Method 1. Manually remove OtShot
Step 1. Uninstall OtShot from your computer
1.Access Window’s Start Menu and select “Control Panel”.
2. Select “Programs and Features”.
3. Search for the potentially unwanted program and uninstall it by clicking the “Uninstall” button.
Step 2. Uninstall OtShot from your browser
1. Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons
2. Disable the items which are related the program.
1. Go to Firefox’s Tools, and then select Add-ons
2. Navigate to Add-ons panel, and remove those extensions which are associated with OtShot
1. Click the Menu icon of Chrome and select Settings
2. Click Extensions on the left panel and remove the extensions related to OtShot
Step 3. Reset your browser
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Default&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting information, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset.
Method 2. Automatically remove OtShot with SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a legitimate, real-time anti-spyware application designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Here shows how it works.
Step 1. Download SpyHunter
1) Download SpyHunter here or click the below button to download the file.
3) Open SpyHunter and click Scan Computer Now! to allow the program to start a scan on your computer.
5) When the scan is completed, all the threats in your computer are successfully detected. Click Fix Threats button to uninstall it.
Step 2: Optimize your PC with RegCure Pro
RegCure Pro is an advanced optimizer which is able to solve your computer system problems, remove your privacy items produced by online searches, delete junk files, uninstall malware and fix performance problems. Here shows how it works.
1) Click the below button to download the file.
2) Run the RegCureProSetup Application and click the Yes button to install the program step by step.
3) When the program is successfully installed, double click on its desktop shortcut to open it. On the Overview tab, check all the scan settings and then click on the Click to Start Scan button to run a system scan on your computer.
The screenshot of the system scan progress is shown below.
4) When the system scan is done, click on Fix All button to completely remove all the performance problems in your computer.
Want to get rid of those potentially unwanted programs like OtShot or other malicious virus?
Want to optimize your computer and boost your system performance?