What is PUP.Optional.StartPage24? How harmful is it? Can it be detected by you anti-malware program? Please pay more attention to get more its information and solutions to remove it from infected computer completely.
The Overall Description of PUP.Optional.StartPage24
PUP.Optional.StartPage24 has been detected as potentially unwanted program (PUP) by SpyHunter, Malwarebytes, and other anti-malware tools. Once infected by this PUP, your computer will suffer from a variant of unexpected security problems. It is in a position to bundle with additional computer threats such as virus, Trojan, spyware, or worm which will cause more and more security issues and make your computer easily infected. Furthermore, unwanted applications, toolbar, or extensions may be added into your computer without your approval. What’s worse, system performance and network speed will be slowed down due to this PUP.
Keep in mind:
The longer PUP.Optional.StartPage24 stays in your computer, the more security risks you have to take. It, as a PUP, is equipped with a diverse propagation path. In a word, it is able to take advantage of spam emails, intrusive websites, free downloads, other computer infection, or even system security vulnerabilities, etc. As a result, you had better to follow the tips below to guard against it.
- You should not install and read spam emails.
- You should try best to stay away from suspicious websites such as pornographic or some gambling sites.
- You had better to download freeware from reliable source and delete all unwanted additional applications.
- You have better to protect your computer with reliable security tool and fix all security holes in time.
Methods to Remove PUP.Optional.StartPage24
PUP.Optional.StartPage24 is able to make your computer in trouble so that you had better to remove it with practical methods. There are two removal guides–manual and automatic guide (SpyHunter) in the next part. You can choice one according to your situation.
Methods A: Manually Remove PUP.Optional.StartPage24
Step 1: Stop the process from Task Manager.
“Ctrl+ Shift + Esc” to open Task Manager > Processes > find PUP.Optional.StartPage24 and select End process.
Step 2: Remove suspicious programs from Control Panel.
From Windows 7
Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Programs > select PUP.Optional.StartPage24 and remove it.
From Windows 8:
on Start screen > right-click the app tile > tap or click Uninstall.
Step 3: Remove suspicious extensions from browsers.
From Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. Disable the items which are related to the program
3. Reset Internet Explorer
From Mozilla Firefox
1. Go to Firefox’s Tools, and then select Add-ons.
2. Navigate to Add-ons panel, and remove those extensions which are associated with PUP.Optional.StartPage24
1. Click the Menu icon of Chrome and select Settings.
2. Click Extensions on the left panel and remove the extensions related to PUP.Optional.StartPage24
3. Reset Google Chrome
Note: If you are not confident to remove this threat completely with our manual guide or want automatic removal guide, you can take consideration to install SpyHunter here to help you.
Method B: Automatically Remove PUP.Optional.StartPage24
SpyHunter is a real-time anti-malware program and automatic removal tool, which is able to do a lot of things for you.
- Detect and remove the latest malware attacks, such as worms, rootkits, etc.
- Protect your PC from varieties of infections and threats all the time.
- Allow you to restore backed up objects
Step 1: Download SpyHunter following the steps below.
Step 2: Scan your computer with SpyHunter and remove all vicious processes.
To improve the performance of a PC, we need to fix the registry errors and system rubbishes. And RegCure Pro is a specialist in this field.
1: Download RegCure Pro immediately following the steps below.
2. Scan your computer with RegCure Pro and eliminate all spiteful items.
Note: PUP.Optional.StartPage24 should be removed as early as possible because the longer it stays on your computer, the more system security risks you have to take. Certainly, you can take consideration to install SpyHunter to remove it and protect your computer. You also can download RegCure Pro to clean up your system.