You may find that a SearchBar.OZ or PUP sneaking into your operating system without your consent. You may find trouble to remove it because your antivirus or anti-malware program do not detect it as a threat. The following guide may help you fix your computer problem.
What is SearchBar.OZ?
SearchBar.OZ is deemed as a browser hijacker, which may compromise the user’s privacy and the security of the local system. It may not a malware or virus, but due to the fact that this software often gets installed on users’ computer and makes itself as the default browser without asking any approval, so we still suggest that you remove it from your computer, since it may act in an undesirable way on your PC, which causes various problems to you. The following are some examples:
● Default browser is changed without your consent.
● Default homepage and search engine are replaced by unknown ones.
● Many commercial ads pop up on the browser
● Search results are redirected to unwanted websites.
● Unknown extensions, add-ons and toolbars are installed onto the browser.
● Unfamiliar website URLs are added to the bookmark list and favorite folder.
● Personal information are collected and transmitted to unknown people.
SearchBar.OZ may be bundled with the software you download from the unsafe sources. The cyber hackers have injected its installer in some freeware or shareware. As you install the software you want, it gets installed on your computer as well. You may not notice its installation process, since it gets installed totally in the background of the system. Once you install those programs on the system without your knowledge, your privacy or system security might be compromised.
In some cases, it enters your computer via spam email attachments, suspicious links, dubious websites, and pop-up ads. If you want to avoid installing any potentially unwanted program like this one, you have to observe each step when downloading and installing software, and uncheck any box which allows an unfamiliar program to install on your computer. Also, you should use cautious when browsing the web. Don’t rashly download any attachments sent by unknown people and avoid clicking any questionable links and pop-ups.
How to remove SearchBar.OZ?
Option 1: Manually remove the potentially unwanted program
Step 1: Uninstall SearchBar.OZ from Windows.
1. Access Window’s Start Menu and select “Control Panel”.
2. Select “Uninstall a program”.
3. Search for the potentially unwanted program and uninstall SearchBar.OZ by clicking the “Uninstall” button.
1. Click “Start”, choose “Settings” and click “Control Panel”.
2. Locate and click “Add or Remove Programs”.
3. Search for the potentially unwanted program and uninstall it by clicking the “Remove” button.
Windows 8 users:
1. Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search”.
2. Type “Uninstall a program”, then click “Settings”.
3. In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program”.
4. Search for the potentially unwanted program and uninstall it by clicking “Uninstall / Change” button.
1. Click “Finder”, in the opened screen and select “Applications”.
2. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located in your Dock), then right click the Trash icon and select “Empty Trash”.
3. In the uninstall programs window, look for “SearchBar.OZ” and uninstall it by clicking “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Step 2: Click the “Start” menu and select “Control Panel”. Click on the “Appearance and Personalization” link and then click on “Folder Options”. Under the “View” tab, select the radio button labeled “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”, remove the checkmark from the box labeled “Hide protecting operating system files (Recommended)” and click” OK”.
Step 3: Look for the files related to SearchBar.OZ in the local disk (C). Select and right click on them, and click on the “Delete” option.
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\random
Step4: Click on the Start button, in the search box, type “regedit”, and click on “regedit.exe” from the results list. Once the Registry Editor is opened, search for any registry entries associated with the potentially unwanted program and delete them all.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Main”Default_Page_URL”=”http://www.<random>.com/?type=hp&ts=<timestamp>&from=tugs&uid=<hard drive id>”
Option 2: Automatically remove SearchBar.OZ
Step 1: Download SpyHunter by clicking the download button below.
Step 2: Once the downloading finishes, double-click the file to run it. When a window pops up to ask if you want to run this file, allow it to run and follow the instructions to install SpyHunter on your computer.
Step 3: Now launch SpyHunter and click on “Scan Computer Now” to scan your entire system forSearchBar.OZ or any other hiding threats on your computer.
Step 4: As the scanning is complete, all detected threats will be listed out. Then, you can click on “Fix Threats” to remove all of the threats found in your system.
SpyHunter is a powerful malware removal tool designed with advanced techniques and latest algorithms to detect and remove any potential computer threats. To thoroughly get rid of SearchBar.OZ with ease, you can rely on this removal tool. Please follow the steps below: