What is Myv9.com ?
Myv9.com is deemed as a browser hijacker, which is promoted via other free downloads. Once installed it will change your browser homepage and default search engine to http://myv9.com/. It is compatible with various famouse browsers, such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla FireFox.
This browser hijacker is bundled with free software downloaded from Softonic, Cnet, Brothersoft and similar downloadsites. In most cases, it will sneak into your system during the installation process, so pay attention to the default installation. Besides, if you keep clicking the intrusive websites or dubious ads, your computer may be easier to be attacked by MyV8.com or other malicious items.
What harms Myv9.com may bring?
Once Myv9.com has successfully got inside your computer, your computer may be in a mess. To begin with, this extension will change the settings on your Internet browser without your permission. You may also find your computer running more slowly. Besides, Myv9.com redirect hijacker would fill your screen with unwanted advertising, trying to attract more users to the advertised webpages to generate web traffic. Myv9.com may keep track of your browsing activity and retrieve valuable personal information like login names, passwords or other sensitive information. This information might being sent to other third-party companies, which then could use it for their own marketing purposes.
This item should not stay on your computer, so if you find the the trace of MyV9.com, you had better clean it out as soon as possible.
How to remove Myv9.com ?
Method 1. Manually remove Myv9.com
Step 1. Uninstall MyV9.com from your computer
Click the “Start” menu and select “Control Panel”. Click on the “Appearance and Personalization”. Then search for the potentially unwanted program and uninstall it by clicking the “Uninstall” button.
Step 2. Disable all extensions related to the unwanted program
1. Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons
2. Disable the items which are related the program.
1. Go to Firefox’s Tools, and then select Add-ons
2. Navigate to Add-ons panel, and remove those extensions which are associated with Myv9.com
1. Click the Menu icon of Chrome and select Settings
2. Click Extensions on the left panel and remove the extensions related to Myv9.com
Step 3. Reset your browser(optional)
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Default&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting information, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset.
Step 4. Change system folder settings to show all hidden files
Press the Star button and type” Folder Options”, then Click Folder Options; Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and then clear the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
Seek and delete MyV9.com related files in hidden folders listed below:
Step 5. Delete all malicious registries
Call out “Run” box by pressing “Windows” key + “R” key on your keyboard; Type “Regedit” into the Run box and click OK to open Registry Editor
Delete them all：
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
Method 2. Automatically remove Myv9.com
Step 1: Remove Myv9.com with SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a legitimate, real-time anti-spyware application designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Here shows how it works.
1) Download SpyHunter here or click the below button to download the file.
2) Double click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the program.
3) After the installation, click Finish.
4) Open SpyHunter and click Scan Computer Now! to allow the program to start a scan on your computer.
5) SpyHunter will now start scanning your computer as shown below.
6) When the scan is completed, all the threats in your computer are successfully detected. Click Fix Threats button to uninstall it.
Step 2: Optimize your PC with RegCure Pro
RegCure Pro is an advanced optimizer which is able to solve your computer system problems, remove your privacy items produced by online searches, delete junk files, uninstall malware and fix performance problems. Here shows how it works.
1) Click the below button to download the file.
2) Run the RegCureProSetup Application and click the Yes button to install the program step by step.
3) When the program is successfully installed, double click on its desktop shortcut to open it. On the Overview tab, check all the scan settings and then click on the Click to Start Scan button to run a system scan on your computer.
The screenshot of the system scan progress is shown below.
4) When the system scan is done, click on Fix All button to completely remove all the performance problems in your computer.
Warm tips: if the manual removal guide is too complicated for you and you want to remove it quickly and safely, you are welcome to download SpyHunter automatic removal tool to get rid of Myv9.com immediately! You can also down RegCure Pro to optimize your system.