What is SuperClick?
SuperClick is generally promoted as a free web shopping utility that may help internet surfers locate web coupons and offers. However, SuperClick is not a good software, it actually a nasty adware. It is intentionally dropped by cyber crooks into online computers with the help of third-party downloads, suspicious domains or Trojans. It can get sucks into web browsers like Google chrome, Firefox or internet explorer.
When installed, the SuperClick browser extension will display advertising banners, pop-up advertisements and in-text ads, stating that they are brought to you by “SuperClick”. These ads are aimed at promoting the installation of additional questionable content including web browser toolbars, optimization utilities and other products, all so the SuperClick publisher can generate pay-per-click revenue.
How can SuperClick get into your computer?
SuperClick is an adware program that is commonly bundled with other free programs that you download off of the Internet. Unfortunately, some free downloads do not adequately disclose that other software will also be installed and you may find that you have installed SuperClick without your knowledge. Apart from the free download, if you unexpectedly open some spam mail attachment or suspicious website, it can also sneak into your computer.
What harms SuperClick may bring?
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- Consume a large amount of system resource and drag down your PC performance.
- Degrades the system performance
- Privately collect your confidential information and sell them to the third-party.
- Bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware.
- Injects visited webpages with pop-up, pop-under, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
How to remove SuperClick (Removal Guides)
Step 1: Remove SuperClick extensions
1) Go to Tools, and click Internet Options
2) Click Advanced tab and click Reset button
3) Wait until the resetting process is finished and restart the browser
1) Please go to Firefox Menu icon and click on Help and select Troubleshooting Information
2) When you get this window, click Reset Firefox to remove SuperClick from Firefox
1) Click the Chrome Menu and click Settings
2) Scroll down the page and click on Show advanced settings link
3) Scroll down the page and click on Reset browser settings button
Step 2: Uninstall SuperClick from your computer,
click the “Start” button, then click on the “Control Panel” menu option. Then click on the “Uninstall a program” option under “Programs” category. Find out the related program of SuperClick, and click Uninstall
Step 3. Remove associated registry settings:
1.Tap Win and R Key together to get Run dialog box
2. Input regedit in the box and hit Enter
3. Search forSuperClick related keys and remove all of them
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnonBadCertRecving” = ’0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop “NoChangingWallPaper” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced “ShowSuperHidden” = 0
Step 4. Show hidden files and folders and remove files associated
Click on the Start menu, type “folder options” into the search bar and click on “Folder Option” in the search results.
In the pop-up dialog box, click the View tab and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
Clean all the malicious files about this infection as below:
SuperClick removal tool—SpyHunter
With this application you can easily remove the infections of Trojans, worms, rootkits, rogues, dialers and spywares, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
Step 1. Click the following icon to download SpyHunter
Step 2. Double click on its file and then click the Run button to enter the installation procedure
Step 4. When complete the installation, open SpyHunter and click Scan Computer Now! button to start scan your computer.
Step 5. Then check the scan result and click on Fix Threats button to make your computer clean rapidly.
Note: Manual removal of SuperClick is a procedure with high complexity. If you have no sufficient expertise in dealing with hidden files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system. You are highly advised to deal with such a troublesome problem with automatic antivirus software like SpyHunter.