|Brief Description:||Trojan.Smeazymo is a Trojan counterfeiting a legal company to destroy infected PCs.|
|Widely spread time:||August, 2015|
|Aliases:||Atros2.BZUD, MSIL/Smeazymo,TR/Smeazymo.50688, PUP.Optional.Smeazymo,
Know more about Trojan.Smeazymo
This Trojan is able to pretend an official program which lets people think it useful and listen to its command. However, it can damage user’s computer system. There is a file hidden in the AppData directory. By using this file, Smeazymo can contact with remote server so that Trojan publisher can read user’s computer and even send malicious programs. The bad effects created by it include:
Administrator right is under the control of hackers and anti-virus malware cannot quarantine.
- Many infected files are generated by Smeazymo.
- Usual shutdowns, suddenly blue screen and computer freeze.
- Unknown objects and shortcuts show in desktop
- Browsers have unsafe redirects
- Personal information (social account, bank password and so on) is stolen
- The dubious files in hard disk cannot be deleted
- Possibly continue to infect with other threat like Globe Ransomware
How Trojan.Smeazymo Got on User’s Computer?
The most likely reason is the free downloads. The hacker bundles it in free video, free streams or free software, and people install these software in its default settings. The default settings confirm bundles being installed. What’s more, it is possible spread by exploit kits like Flimkit and fake links.
The downloading program of Trojan.Smeazymo is very simple and it uses two hard-coded URLs for the auto-start of this Trojan.
Once system turns vulnerable, other virus and malware can get on the infected PC. Therefore, this article recommend some useful methods to remove it.
How to Remove Trojan.Smeazymo?
Step 1 End All Processes Relative to Trojan.Smeazymo
1. Press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” (for Window 7) or “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” (for Window 8) together to start Task Manager. (alternatively you right click the task bar and choose Start Task Manager.
2. Click End Process to stop all processes of Trojan.Smeazymo.
Step 2 Remove Relative Programs from Control Panel
For Window 8 Users
- Click Start on lower left corner.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find dubious programs from the list and then click uninstall.
For Window 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP Users.
- Click start on the lower left corner.
- Click Control Panel.
- When the window pup ups, look though all and click Programs and Features.
- Find programs about Trojan.Smeazymo. Right click on it and choose uninstall.
Step 3 Remove Unkown Extensions
1. Open Google Chrome Browser. Click the chrome menu button on the right upper corner. In the list of menu button choose More Tools and then choose Extensions
2. In the Extension tab, removedubious extensions by clicking the trash can icon.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Click on Firefox tool button and click Add-ons.
2. In the page of Add-ons Manager, select the Extensions or Add-ons tab.
3. Select the dubious add-ons you want to remove. Click the Remove.
1. Open Internet Explorer. Click on IE setting button and choose Manage add-ons.
2. In the page of Manage add-ons, select the dubious add-ons and the programs you want to delete. Click Disable to remove them.
Step 4 Clean Registry Entries Changed by Trojan.Smeazymo
2. Type “regedit” to open Registry Editor.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "[random].exe" HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\[ Trojan.Smeazymo] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\Software\ Trojan.Smeazymo HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Trojan.Smeazymo character HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.Smeazymo HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BrowserHelperObjects\[random numbers]
Note: The registry is very important for a whole computer system. Only professionals are comprehensive on registry keys. If you are not sure, please use an anti-malware software.
Step 5 Download and Install SpyHunter
1. Download SpyHunter by clicking the below link.
2. Run the file.exe by clicking Run.
3. After it is done, double click SpyHunter icon. In the interface of SpyHunter click the Scan Computer Now!
4. The results of scanning come out. You will see the computer threats list. Tick Select All and then click Fix Threats.
Note: The SpyHunter is free for virus scan. If you want to remove the threats, you need to purchase SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
After removing virus, having the RegCure can help you clean history records, temp files, changed settings and so on.
Step 6 Download and Install RegCure
1. Click the link below to download RegCure.
2. Click Save File to save the file.exe.
3. Run the file.exe by clicking the Run button. If the Windows asks you whether to allow or not, please choose allow.
4. After the installation is successful, double click the shortcut icon to open RegCure, which will automatically turn to the interface of System Scan and start to scan.
5. When the scanning is finished, you will see all the threats. Now, don’t hestate to click Fix All to solve all issues in your computer.
Note: The RegCure is free for issues scan. If you want to fix these issues, you need to purchase RegCure Pro Registry Cleaner by registering.
If you want to learn more Trojan-type infection, here is a post talking about it. You can have a look!